Homestay is an arrangement where students live with a local family or resident host in a private home. Homestays are an affordable way for international students to improve their English and experience Australian culture and lifestyle up close.
Who can use homestay and what is included
Homestay students can be any age, but if you’re under 18 your booking process will be more detailed. No matter your age, you will need to stay in a homestay for a minimum of 1 month.
Our partner, Australian Homestay Network (AHN), will match you with an appropriate homestay host. You will meet the host and see the house for the first time when you move in.
All homestay arrangements include:
- a furnished private room in a caring environment (with desk, chair and study lamp)
- access to bathroom and laundry facilities
- household utilities (electricity, gas, etc)
- meals are provided based on your chosen meal package
- homestay host and student support
- AHN 24/7 professional phone support
- AHN insurance.
- easy online payment system